1) How long have you been in entertainment and modeling? Please tell us a little bit about your previous experience in modeling and glamour? Where did the journey start and what has been your experience so far?
I have been in entertainment industry since 2012. Mrs.India worldwide was the 1st beauty pageant I participated in & that’s how my journey had started. It’s been a great experience so far. I enjoy being a part of this industry.
2) How do you define the role of a model?
In my opinion, a model’s role is not limited to representing fashion trends or designer cloths but also to represent a positive thinking as well as inspire people who follow them.
3) Please tell us about some of the projects you’ve worked on so far to date? And what have you enjoyed about them?
I have done many fashion projects, print shoots, commercials and a TV reality show. It’s been a great learning experience. I take every project as an opportunity to improve, learn & enjoy.
4) What is your dream role in cinema? If you could enact one role from any movie in Cinema History, what part would you love to play?
I never really thought about a dream role in cinema as my entry in fashion world was also accidental, it just happened 🙂
I had never in my life thought that I will be a part of fashion world / acting etc. so, honestly sometimes it’s difficult for me to even think or answer such questions…
But yes if I think of a role cinema, it would be a role like Ash in ‘Hum dil de chuke sanam’ OR Kareena in ‘Jab we met’ OR Kajol in ‘DDLJ’ OR some challenging roles like Rani in ‘Black’ OR Priyanka in ‘Mary Kom’ & ‘Barfi’ OR Kangana in Queen.
5) Who are some of your favorite actresses of all time and why?
I really like Madhuri Dixit because of her style, expressions, dance, acting – I love everything about her. She is my all time favorite.
I also admire Sushmita Sen a lot. I admire her ramp walks, her personality, and enjoy reading her interviews. I think she is an amazing human being.
6) Who are some of you favorite actors of all time and why?
I like the 3 khans of the industry and I love them all for difference reasons. Aamir for his acting & sincerity, Salmaan for his kindness & for the person he is and Shahrukh for his style, humor & dedication.
All of them have their unique style and I love them all 🙂
7) What are some of your favorite films of all time?
DDLJ, Andaz Apna Apna, Hum aapke hai kaun & actually many more cult movies. I am a Bollywood fan so it’s hard for me to just tell you only 1 of my favorite movies as there are plenty of them.
8) Who is the one director you have the most respect for?
Raju Hirani, Aditya Chopra & Rajkumar Santoshi are some of my favorite directors. I really like their movies.
9) What has been your modelling experience so far? How different is it from the world of cinema?
In my point of view, Modelling & Cinema are two very different worlds.
Yes, you get a nice camera experience from Modelling but you need to develop a lot more skills to enter in cinema as per my experience so far.
10) What would you like to achieve in entertainment over the next 10 years? What is your overall career objective?
Since my career started (after college), I’ve been involved in multiple things; HR executive, Modelling, Acting, Singing, Events …etc. I always keep an open mind for my career choices. I believe we should do what we enjoy doing in life.
My overall objective in life is to be a little better a person by every single day, to learn a lot, improve a lot and accept what life gives me back in return for that. I am not a person who believes in planning. I am a person who believes in executing.
11) Do you watch movies from other parts of the world aside from Hollywood Cinema like Bollywood, Hong Kong, Korean, Australia and New Zealand Cinema? Which ones are your favorites and why?
I watch Hollywood, my all time favorite is Titanic. I liked recently released ‘Gone Girl’, interstellar and many more.
I also like watching American television dramas like: Friends, How I met your mother, The walking dead, Breaking Bad, Game of thrones etc.
12) Who is the dream director you’d like to work with one day?
Like I said earlier, I had never in my life thought of being in this Industry, so its difficult to answer but again if I have to answer I would say, I love Raju Hirani movies a lot, so definitely Raju Hirani Sir and Aditya Chopra – after all who doesn’t want to work under “Yash Raj Films” banner 🙂
13) We can see from social media that you spend a lot of time training, is this an image you are creating to land certain roles and if so what advice/supplements would you advise to other actors wanting to go in that direction?
I always write / post, what I believe in life. I always believe in “Follow Your Heart” philosophy and advise the same to all.
I believe if you follow your heart, you always get what you want in life.